Enrolment for Junior Infant pupils takes place in the October/November of the school year before the child is due to start.
New parents/guardians moving into our school area should contact the school if they require placement for children in other classes.
Our Handbook for Parents will give you important information about our school. See below
You can find out more about the Admissions process and download the application form from our Annual Admissions page and return it to the school.
Before your Child Starts
You should ensure that your child is as independent as possible – physically, emotionally and socially. If pupils can look after these areas they will feel secure and confident and settle in readily. It would help greatly if your child is able to:
- Button and unbutton a coat and hang it up.
- Use the toilet without help and manage pants buttons.
- Manage the schoolbag, lunchbox and drinks beaker
- Also encourage personal hygiene and cleanliness. Your child should be able to flush the toilet and wash hands independently.
- Use a tissue when necessary.
- Share toys and playthings with others and ‘take turns’.
- Tidy up and put away playthings.
- Remain contentedly for a few hours in the home of a relation, friend or neighbour. If children have this experience, then separation from parents when they start school will not cause any great anxiety.
- Wear ‘Velcro’ shoes, Junior Infants cannot manage laces.
Download Tips for Starting School for Parents: